Model Narrowboat

Started by Dave, November 27, 2020, 01:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BriansBrain

Lady Jane  :no

Now that's sad  :lol
CLICK > ''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

Dave

It's finally finished.

The only thing I'm not happy with is the decals on the cabin. I tried to feather in some neat Gloss Cote around the edges to try and get rid of them showing before I gave it it's final 2 coats, it seemed to work immediately after I did it but after it had all dried the edges of them are still visible. I could remove them and repaint those areas but to be honest I can't be bothered for the amount of work it will take.

At least I have now learnt that the type you soak off in water before applying them would have been better.

It's had it's bath test the ensure there are no leaks and I made up small sealed bags of sand to put inside as ballast which works very well.

So tomorrow (Sunday 11th April) I am going to take it to Kearsney Abbey near to us and try it out on the water.

20210409_183155 (Copy).jpg  20210409_183201 (Copy).jpg  20210409_183214 (Copy).jpg  20210409_183246 (Copy).jpg

20210409_183308 (Copy).jpg  20210409_183342 (Copy).jpg  20210409_183402 (Copy).jpg  20210409_183421 (Copy).jpg

If you want play quizzes or games click below

BriansBrain

Fantastic Dave ..... it looks great  :thumbsup

I can see a lot of work went into all those details  :tiphat

Lets hope the maiden voyage goes well  :yes

CLICK > ''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

Dave

Quote from: BriansBrain on April 10, 2021, 04:32:18 PM
Fantastic Dave ..... it looks great  :thumbsup

I can see a lot of work went into all those details  :tiphat

Lets hope the maiden voyage goes well  :yes

Thanks very much John.  :tiphat

The maiden voyage went fine thank you, a few friends came to see  :thumbup

It's now on ebay for sale. I think I said it once before but it's the making of the models that I like, I cant stand round a pond just watching it go back and forwards.  :)

BriansBrain

Quote from: Dave on April 11, 2021, 05:39:16 PM
The maiden voyage went fine thank you

No Pics  :whistle

EDIT:

I looked for it on ebay...  can't find it :scratchhead

Dave

Quote from: BriansBrain on April 12, 2021, 06:15:46 PM
No Pics  :whistle

EDIT:

I looked for it on ebay...  can't find it :scratchhead

It's here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Model-narrow-boat-home-made-design/154410563214?hash=item23f396368e:g:zbsAAOSwUmNgculR

As I was operating it I couldn't take photos but the wife took some and linked to me on FB so you might see some on there John

BriansBrain

Quote from: Dave on April 12, 2021, 06:59:53 PM
As I was operating it I couldn't take photos but the wife took some and linked to me on FB so you might see some on there John

OK... seen it now on ebay  :thumbup
Complete with a picture of the Teck inside (not seen before on this forum  :whistle )

+

Seen it in the water now on FB :thumbsup

Dave

It sold for ?118.. not to bad at least the cost of the RC kit and some materials is paid for  :thumbup

BriansBrain

Quote from: Dave on April 19, 2021, 11:05:20 AM
It sold for ?118.. not to bad at least the cost of the RC kit and some materials is paid for  :thumbup

Great  :thumbsup

So what is the next project ?

Dave

Quote from: BriansBrain on April 19, 2021, 03:39:56 PM
Great  :thumbsup

So what is the next project ?

Next is a paddle steamer. I bought it last year. It'll be remote control too.

I'll probably start it in a couple of weeks  :thumbsup

BriansBrain

Quote from: Dave on April 19, 2021, 06:39:09 PM
Next is a paddle steamer

Interesting  :scratchhead

Is it a rear or side driven ?

Dave

Quote from: BriansBrain on April 20, 2021, 04:58:36 PM
Interesting  :scratchhead

Is it a rear or side driven ?

I think it's driven through it paddles. I bought I quite a while ago as it was cheap but haven't opened the box yet.

BriansBrain

Quote from: Dave on April 20, 2021, 06:46:27 PM
I think it's driven through it paddles.

OK.... but  ::)

Is it Side or Rear drive ?

Side.jpg

Dave

Quote from: BriansBrain on April 21, 2021, 02:45:20 PM
OK.... but  ::)

Is it Side or Rear drive ?

Side.jpg

Ahh I see what you mean. Here is a screenshot ...side paddles. I quite like the idea of the rear paddles though could make for an interesting build in regards to the drives for the paddles as you would have to have 2 different drives so the paddles could operate independently in order for it to steer

Screenshot_20210421-153135_Edge.jpg