Model Narrowboat

Started by Dave, November 27, 2020, 01:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Just removed the spray sheet and looked a little closer at the finish. I think I thinned the paint too much as it hasn't covered that well. So more testing to do once the new spray gun arrives and after I've filled and rubbed it down

20201223_132015 (Copy).jpg   20201223_132026 (Copy).jpg

I think I'm going to make a spray booth too. Pegging the sheet up to different shelves and other fixed items is not a way forward, especially if there is something I need behind the sheet  :headwall
If you want play quizzes or games click below

BriansBrain

Quote from: Dave on December 23, 2020, 01:58:22 PM
I think I'm going to make a spray booth too. Pegging the sheet up to different shelves and other fixed items is not a way forward, especially if there is something I need behind the sheet  :headwall

Yes...  :yes

A dust free separate area is essential for good results  :thumbup

Also, with a new mix of paint always do a test piece first  :yes
CLICK > ''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

Dave

Quote from: BriansBrain on December 24, 2020, 12:04:53 PM
Yes...  :yes

A dust free separate area is essential for good results  :thumbup

Also, with a new mix of paint always do a test piece first  :yes

Most definitely :thumbup

Dave

I've now given it the second primer coat after initial filling. The filler has reacted with the primer or visa versa. The primer is oil based and the filler was an acrylic one from Halfords 'Holts Cataloy Knifing Putty 100g' which I thought would be great for it. I'm guessing I should have used a standard fine filler. Oh well you live and learn.

20210106_111321 (Copy).jpg

20210106_111327 (Copy).jpg 

20210106_111334 (Copy).jpg

BriansBrain

CLICK > ''Radio Brian'' - One of the Most Unique English Speaking Radio Stations in the Canaries... Possibly the World.

Dave

It's been a while I know but I have started the top coat painting process. It doesn't look very good in the photo. I was testing out an airbrush rather than the spray gun I bought. The finish isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It'll need another coat yet, possibly even two more

paintstart (1).jpg

paintstart (2).jpg

BriansBrain

Dave

It's getting closer the the finished article.

20210308_110126 (Copy).jpg   20210308_110154 (Copy).jpg

This photo is similar to what it will look like when it's completed. There are more bits to add but it gives you an idea.

20210308_112133 (Copy).jpg

BriansBrain

It's looking good now  :thumbup

Love the hatch and the wood finish decking at the back end  :tiphat

Dave

Quote from: BriansBrain on March 11, 2021, 05:43:14 PM
It's looking good now  :thumbup

Love the hatch and the wood finish decking at the back end  :tiphat

Thanks John

The front will have wood decking too. I have to try and find some small 15-20mm fancy letters to put the name on it, still undecided what to name it yet.

BriansBrain

Quote from: Dave on March 11, 2021, 06:13:51 PM
I have to try and find some small 15-20mm fancy letters to put the name on it.

Don't you know anyone with an engraving machine ?

Dave

Quote from: BriansBrain on March 12, 2021, 01:45:27 PM
Don't you know anyone with an engraving machine ?

No but you have given me an idea as I have one of those tools that let's you copy from big lettering and reduces it to small, just have to find where it is..maybe that would work

BriansBrain

Quote from: Dave on March 12, 2021, 02:26:21 PM
No but you have given me an idea as I have one of those tools that let's you copy from big lettering and reduces it to small, just have to find where it is..maybe that would work

Pantagraph :thumbup

Dave

Dave

I cheated in the end and bought a bespoke name from an online company

20210325_103352[1].jpg20210325_103352[1][/attach]