HTTPS

Started by Skhilled, May 29, 2017, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

This is the new standard for websites. If yo do not have it installed users will be greeted with something telling them your site may not be secure and their information could be compromised. Check your server's control panel under the SSL sections and see if there is something to use for free such as "OpenSSL" or "Let's Encrypt".

If you cannot find anything ask your hosting if they will install it for you. Potential users and current users will feel safer coming here. ;)

Dave

Thanks for the info Steve. I'll check cPanel and see if either are installed.
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Dave

Well it seems that I will have to pay, firstly for dedicated IP address and then for the SSL as you can can't have one without the other apparently, see quote form the host below.

NOTE - You do not have a dedicated IP associated with your account. If you would like a dedicated IP for use with an SSL Certificate, please contact our sales department.

This amounts to ?113pa + the hosting @ ?154pa = ?267pa.

I have just paid them for 2 years hosting so I'm not sure I want to go down the route of adding the other bits, I don't need the site that badly to be honest.

If you want play quizzes or games click below

Skhilled

Ouch! They don't even care enough about their customers to allow them free ssl to secure their sites? This is one of the reasons why I don't pay annually so if something happens I can go elsewhere and not lose any money. Yeah, it costs a little more but then there's less frustration. Oh, well...